Recent Peer-Reviewed Journal Papers
Click an underlined title to open the abstract. Keywords are in italic. (updated: July 2020)
- Sedighi, A., Rashedi, E. & Nussbaum, M. A. (2020) A head-worn display (“smart glasses”) has adverse impacts on the dynamics of lateral position control during gait, Gait & Posture, 81: 126-130.
Gait variability, Stability, Goal equivalent manifold, Maximum lyapunov exponent, Head-worn displays
- Adeleye, A. A., Alabdulkarim, S. A. & Nussbaum, M. A. (2020) Impacts of different fabric scissor designs on physical demands and performance in simulated fabric cutting tasks, Applied Ergonomics, 89: 103219 (9 pages).
Scissor design, Hand injury, Physical demands, Custom tailors, Muscle activity, Task performance
- Kim, S., Madinei, S., Alemi, M. M., Srinivasan, D. & Nussbaum, M. A. (2020). Assessing the potential for “undesired” effects of passive back-support exoskeleton use during a simulated manual assembly task: Muscle activity, posture, balance, discomfort, and usability, Applied Ergonomics, 89: 103194 (8 pages).
Exoskeleton design, Intervention, Quasi-static task, Working posture
- Tsao, L., Nussbaum, M. A., Kim, S. & Ma, L. (2020). Modelling performance during repetitive precision tasks using wearable sensors: a data-driven approach, Ergonomics, 63(7): 831-849.
Performance modelling, wearable technologies, repetitive precision task, classification
- Koushyar, H., Anderson, D., Nussbaum, M. A. & Madigan, M. L. (2020). Relative Effort while Walking Is Higher among Women Who Are Obese, and Older Women, Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 52(1): 105-111.
Gait, Strength, Obesity, Aging
- Park, J.-H., Kim, S., Nussbaum, M.A. and Srinivasan, D. (2019) Effects of back support exoskeleton use on postural stability, Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 63rd Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA, October 28 – November 1, pp. 1088-1089.
- Aviles, J., Wright, D.L., Allin, L.J., Alexander, N., Nussbaum, M.A. and Madigan, M.L. (2019) Baseline trunk angle predicts improvements in trunk angle after reactive balance training in older adults, Meeting of the International Society of Biomechanics and American Society of Biomechanics, Calgary, Canada, July 31-August 4. (Abstract only).