Recent Peer-Reviewed Journal Papers
Click an underlined title to open the abstract. Keywords are in italic. (updated: June 2022)
- Park, J. H., Lee, Y., Madinei, S., Kim, S., Nussbaum, M. A. & Srinivasan, D. (2022) Effects of Back-Support Exoskeleton Use on Lower Limb Joint Kinematics and Kinetics During Level Walking, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 50: 964-977..
Gait biomechanics, Assistive device, Hip extension torque, Joint power
- Kim, S., Nussbaum, M. A. & Smets, M. (2022). User Acceptance, and Health Outcomes of Arm-Support Exoskeleton Use in Automotive Assembly, Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 64(3): 202-211.
ergonomic intervention, overhead work, prospective study, wearable robot
- Islam, M. S., & Lim, S. (2022). Vibrotactile feedback in virtual motor learning: A systematic review. Applied Ergonomics, 101, 103694.
Virtual environment, Vibrotactile feedback, Motor learning
- Tsao, L., Kim, S., Ma, L. & Nussbaum, M. A. (2021) An exploratory study comparing three work-rest schedules during simulated repetitive precision work, Ergonomics, 64(12): 1579-1594.
Repetitive task, precision task, muscle fatigue, performance
- Park, J. H., Kim, S., Nussbaum, M. A. & Srinivasan, D. (2022). Effects of back-support exoskeleton use on gait performance and stability during level walking, Gait & Posture, 92: 181-190.
Occupational exoskeleton; Walking stability; Workplace fall
- Park, H., Kim, S., Nussbaum, M. A. & Srinivasan, D. (2022) Effects of using a whole-body powered exoskeleton during simulated occupational load-handling tasks: A pilot study, Applied Ergonomics, 98(1): 103589 (12 pages).
Manual material handling, Task classification, Exposure assessment
- Nussbaum, M. A., Kim, S., Madinei, S. and Alemi, M. M. (2020) Static and dynamic assessments of back-support exoskeletons, Applied Ergonomics Conference, Louisville, KY, March 16-19.
- Park, J.-H., Kim, S., Nussbaum, M.A. and Srinivasan, D. (2019) Effects of back support exoskeleton use on postural stability, Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 63rd Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA, October 28 – November 1, pp. 1088-1089.